- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 10 to 14 sandwich buns, split
- Place beef and pork in a Dutch oven. Combine the water, soup mix and garlic; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove meat; cool. Cut into small cubes. Skim fat from drippings. Saute celery in the drippings until tender. Add the barbecue sauce, ketchup and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Stir in cubed meat; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Originally published as Betty's Barbecue in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p35
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Betty's Barbecue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2011
"Very good. I cooked the rump roast a ltiile longer, but will definitely make this again."