Better Than Potato Salad Recipe
As soon as our family tried this delicious salad, it became a favorite, especially during the warmer months. It's a flavorful change of pace from traditional potato salad that's easy to prepare. Even our two kids enjoy it. -Susan McCurdy, Elmhurst, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:12-14 servings
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rice, radishes, eggs, cucumber, celery and onion. Combine mayonnaise, mustard and salt.
- 2. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 263 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC