As soon as our family tried this delicious salad, it became a favorite, especially during the warmer months. It's a flavorful change of pace from traditional potato salad that's easy to prepare. Even our two kids enjoy it. -Susan McCurdy, Elmhurst, Illinois
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine rice, radishes, eggs, cucumber, celery and onion. Combine mayonnaise, mustard and salt.
- Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Better Than Potato Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p29
Reviews for Better Than Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review