- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine rice, radishes, eggs, cucumber, celery and onion. Combine mayonnaise, mustard and salt.
- Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Better Than Potato Salad
"I made this salad for a company picnic and everyone really liked it. I myself though, do not like radishes so I left them out. I did instead add bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. Sam's Club sells hard boiled eggs already cooked without the shell and that really speeds things up. This was really good. Different. I also used Jasmine rice because it seems to have a "toothier" grain that does not get mushy."
"This is a great dish for a summer party. Saves time not having to boil potatoes. Only thing I added was green pepper and a little vinegar and sugar in the dressing. Delish."
"I didn't use all the sauce, I cut back the mayo to one cup. And added a bit of Dijon mustard for extra flavor. Company loved it !"
"I tasted this before I put in refrigerator to get chilled. It was very good even warm. I agree it will not take the place of potato salad but it is a good change from potato salad and macaroni salad. I will make this again."
"I've been bringing this salad to any potluck I attend, and it's definitely a hit!"
"This recipe won't take the place of my potato salad, but it was very tasty and a nice change from macaroni or potato salad. I particularly liked all the veggies."
"First made it 30 years ago. It's still a winner!"
"i made this salad and my family was amazed at how good and creamy the salad was"