Tofu takes the taste and texture of egg salad in this quick-fixing sandwich from Lisa Renshaw of Kansas City, Missouri.
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu, cubed
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in tofu. Spread over four slices of bread; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Better Than Egg Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p36
Reviews for Better Than Egg Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review