- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu, cubed
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in tofu. Spread over four slices of bread; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Better Than Egg Salad
"Interesting! I would make again. Good flavor. Was shocked when my two kids (ages 5 and 9) not only liked it, but asked for more! One of the first tofu recipes we have made."
"Amazing how much it tastes like traditional egg salad!"
"This was good and much faster than hard boiling eggs for salad!"
"I tried it....it was OK :) I'll probably make it again."