- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu, cubed
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in tofu. Spread over four slices of bread; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Better Than Egg Salad
Sort By :
Amazing how much it tastes like traditional egg salad!
A really nice, quick sandwich salad. I wasn't as gentle with the tofu as the recipe said, so it crumbled and looked more like egg salad, and I used some kala namak salt instead of regular table salt to give it a more egg-like taste.
This was good and much faster than hard boiling eggs for salad!
I tried it....it was OK :) I'll probably make it again.