Better-For-You Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Fresh mixed berries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the egg whites, egg, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles just form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with berries if desired. Yield: 16 pancakes.
Reviews for Better-For-You Buttermilk Pancakes(5)
Sort By :
I was not impressed at all. Tasted like eating wheat bread for breakfast. No buttermilk flavor at all. I followed recipe to a T and did't like it.
Excellent pancake with a great taste.
I loved this recipe, sending to my whole family! Made recipe exactly as written, result; puffy, delicious, healthier pancakes.
Tip: Freeze extra pancakes in a single layers on a baking sheet, then transfer to a freezer bag. On busy mornings just pop them into the microwave or toaster to warm them up!
These pancakes are delicious! I even ate the cold leftovers for a snack. I will definitely make them again. I followed the recipe exactly, and the only thing that I would recommend is to cut back on the amount of buttermilk. My batter was way too thin, and I had to add more flour to thicken it up.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >