Best Veal Scallopini Recipe
- 2 veal cutlet (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Flatten cutlets to 1/8-in. thickness. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add veal; seal bag and shake to coat evenly. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil. Add veal; cook over medium heat for about 1 minute on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add mushrooms to skillet; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Spoon over veal. Stir broth into skillet, stirring up any browned bits. Add parsley and remaining butter; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Pour over veal and mushrooms. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 344 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Best Veal Scallopini
"I've used this recipe three times and it is amazingly good. I purchase veal already cut for scallopini and it's a very fast dinner. It takes longer to make the spaghetti than the main course. I highly recommend this recipe."
"I made this for my wife on Valentine's Day 2013 along with the Tangy Buttered green bean recipe. OUTSTANDING and very simple to make. THANK YOU !!!!"
"Good flavor. Doubled the recipe."
"Delicious, easy and REALLY fast! I serve with hot buttered noodles and green beans. dinner on the table in around 20 minutes! Made no changes."
"Absolutely deliciious! My husband and I loved it and look forward to having it again soon. I followed the recipe as is and wouldn't make any changes."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.