Best Veal Scallopini
I found the original version of this dish in a magazine and adjusted it to suit our family's tastes. Delicate fine-textured veal requires only a short cooking time, something that makes this simple entree even more attractive.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 veal cutlet (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Flatten cutlets to 1/8-in. thickness. In a resealable plastic bag,
- combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add veal; seal bag and shake to
- coat evenly. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil. Add
- veal; cook over medium heat for about 1 minute on each side or until
- juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to skillet; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until
- tender. Spoon over veal. Stir broth into skillet, stirring up any
- browned bits. Add parsley and remaining butter; cook and stir 2
- minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Pour over veal and
- mushrooms. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 344 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.