Best Turkey Sausage
"I've had to cut the salt in my diet but love my family's recipe for homemade sausage," says Kim Cook of Dade City, Florida. "When I heat up these turkey sausage patties at work everyone smells their wonderful aroma and begs for a taste."
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 teaspoons butter-flavored sprinkles
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried thyme, basil and rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried marjoram, oregano, cayenne pepper and ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder, pepper, ground ginger and nutmeg
- Crumble turkey into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Shape into eight patties. In a
- nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium
- heat until no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Yield: 8 patties.
Nutritional Facts: One patty equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.