Best Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups pureed unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine eggs and milk; stir in sugar. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately; add marshmallows, stirring until melted.
- 2. Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 5-10 minutes or until cool. Stir in remaining ingredients. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-third full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with remaining ice cream mixture. Yield: about 2 quarts.
1/2 cup equals 153 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.