Best Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups pureed unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine eggs and milk; stir in sugar. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately; add marshmallows, stirring until melted.
- 2. Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 5-10 minutes or until cool. Stir in remaining ingredients. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-third full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with remaining ice cream mixture. Yield: about 2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 153 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Best Strawberry Ice Cream
"Best ice cream recipe that I've found. Looking forward to trying other fruits with it."
"This recipe is awful!! I knew adding marshmallows was a mistake. It had a chalky aftertaste. I took one taste... Threw everything out and deleted the recipe. What a waste of ingredients and time!!"
"Very good! A hit at a friends get together. I think I will try it with peaches. Since I didn't plan ahead, I cooled it for a period in the freezer rather than cooling overnight and had no problem."
"Great flavor. I did have a little trouble getting the mini marshmallows to melt down. I finally used a whisk and that broke them down so they would blend smoothly."
"used marshmallow creme isnstead its amazing"