Best Strawberry Ice Cream
I've made this ice cream often, and it comes out smooth and creamy every time. Our state produces of lot of strawberries, and they are so good!
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups pureed unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine eggs and milk; stir in sugar. Cook
- and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened and coats
- the back of a spoon, about 14 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in
- the marshmallows until melted.
- Set saucepan in ice and stir the mixture for 5-10 minutes or until
- cool. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate
- When ready to freeze, pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer
- and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Yield: about 2
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 153 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.