Best Spanish Rice Recipe
"We love the zing from the Cajun seasoning and hot sauce," writes Mary Hoxworth from Killbuck, Ohio. "I like to use this spicy rice to make stuffed green peppers."
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 3 tablespoons each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 to 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash each salt, paprika and pepper
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook the sausage, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Add the water, rice, Cajun seasoning, pepper sauce, salt, paprika and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring once. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
2/3 cup equals 158 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC