- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 to 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash each salt, paprika and pepper
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- In a small saucepan, cook the sausage, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Add the water, rice, Cajun seasoning, pepper sauce, salt, paprika and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring once. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Rice in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p18
Reviews for Best Spanish Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2012
"Very easy and quick to make. Tastes delicious! Easily adapted to suit personal taste. Freezes wonderfully!"
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2009
"I used this mixture in scooped out zicchini - what a treat! thank you for sharing."