- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 3 tablespoons each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 to 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash each salt, paprika and pepper
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- In a small saucepan, cook the sausage, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Add the water, rice, Cajun seasoning, pepper sauce, salt, paprika and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring once. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Rice in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p18
Reviews for Best Spanish Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2012
Very easy and quick to make. Tastes delicious! Easily adapted to suit personal taste. Freezes wonderfully!
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2009
I used this mixture in scooped out zicchini - what a treat! thank you for sharing.
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >