- cook 1 minute longer. Add the water, tomato sauce and paste,
- parsley, basil, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 50 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven meatball ingredients.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs in batches in
- oil until no longer pink; drain. Add to sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until flavors are
- blended, stirring occasionally. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 12-16
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 304 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 1,323 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.