- In a large bowl, combine eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, tomato juice,
- green pepper, onion and seasonings. Crumble sausage over mixture and
- mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a skillet, brown meatballs over
- medium heat; drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight sauce ingredients. Add
- green pepper, onion and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until thickened, stirring
- occasionally. Discard bay leaf.
- Add meatballs to sauce; simmer for 1 hour or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 10 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.