Best Shrimp Scampi
In Burien, Washington, Lori Watkins frequently prepares this simple seafood entree that looks fancy enough for company or special occasions. "I've been serving this delicious dish for years, and everyone likes it," she remarks.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the broth, garlic,
- lemon-pepper and 3 tablespoons each green onions and parsley. Bring
- to a boil. Add shrimp; cook for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn
- pink. Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Top with shrimp
- mixture and remaining onions and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 250 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot