Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the broth, garlic, lemon-pepper and 3 tablespoons each green onions and parsley. Bring to a boil. Add shrimp; cook for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Top with shrimp mixture and remaining onions and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving equals 250 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.