In Burien, Washington, Lori Watkins frequently prepares this simple seafood entree that looks fancy enough for company or special occasions. "I've been serving this delicious dish for years, and everyone likes it," she remarks.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the broth, garlic, lemon-pepper and 3 tablespoons each green onions and parsley. Bring to a boil. Add shrimp; cook for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Top with shrimp mixture and remaining onions and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Scampi in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p16
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Best Shrimp Scampi
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review