Best Seafood Enchiladas Recipe
- 1/2 pound crabmeat, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Colby cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the seafood and onion in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender and shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and broth. Combine egg yolks and cream; stir into broth mixture. Cook and stir until a thermometer reads 160° and sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Stir in tomato paste. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Spoon 1/3 cup seafood mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with 1 tablespoon sauce and 2 tablespoons cheese; roll up.
- 4. Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place enchiladas seam side down in dish. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 enchiladas.
1 each: 531 calories, 40g fat (22g saturated fat), 264mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Best Seafood Enchiladas
"Amazing and refreshing idea during lent. Will be making this again!"