Best Seafood Enchiladas Recipe
- 1/2 pound crabmeat, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Colby cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the seafood and onion in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender and shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and broth. Combine egg yolks and cream; stir into broth mixture. Cook and stir until a thermometer reads 160° and sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Stir in tomato paste. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Spoon 1/3 cup seafood mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with 1 tablespoon sauce and 2 tablespoons cheese; roll up.
- 4. Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place enchiladas seam side down in dish. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 enchiladas.
1 each: 531 calories, 40g fat (22g saturated fat), 264mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein .
Reviews for Best Seafood Enchiladas
"Amazing and refreshing idea during lent. Will be making this again!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.