Best Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Hot mashed potatoes
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine egg, cracker crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and sage. Add beef and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- 2. In a medium skillet, cook patties for 4-5 minutes per side or until browned; drain. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in flour; blend well. Add water and bouillon; cook and stir until smooth and thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Return patties to gravy and cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 581 calories, 37 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 250 mg cholesterol, 1,960 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Reviews for Best Salisbury Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.