Best Rosy Rhubarb Salad Recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup diced peeled apples
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a medium saucepan, cook and stir rhubarb and sugar over medium-low heat until rhubarb is soft and tender. Remove from the heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Stir in pineapple and lemon juices. Chill until partially set.
- 2. Stir in apples, celery and pecans. Pour into a 4-1/2 cup mold coated with cooking spray or glass bowl. Chill several hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 108 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Best Rosy Rhubarb Salad
"Made this for Father's Day dinner and was enjoyed by all. Did not have pineapple juice at home, so opened a can of sliced pineapple, drained the juice off & cut up the pineapple slices to chunks to put in the salad. I did not put the apples in there then and did not put the celery in there either. It tasted good and we all enjoyed the salad. I would definatly make this again."