Best Rosy Rhubarb Salad Recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup diced peeled apples
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a medium saucepan, cook and stir rhubarb and sugar over medium-low heat until rhubarb is soft and tender. Remove from the heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Stir in pineapple and lemon juices. Chill until partially set.
- 2. Stir in apples, celery and pecans. Pour into a 4-1/2 cup mold coated with cooking spray or glass bowl. Chill several hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 108 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Best Rosy Rhubarb Salad
"Made this for Father's Day dinner and was enjoyed by all. Did not have pineapple juice at home, so opened a can of sliced pineapple, drained the juice off & cut up the pineapple slices to chunks to put in the salad. I did not put the apples in there then and did not put the celery in there either. It tasted good and we all enjoyed the salad. I would definatly make this again."