- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Optional garnishes: lettuce leaves, sliced strawberries, green grapes, sour cream and ground nutmeg
- In a saucepan, combine rhubarb, water, sugar and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 1-2 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender; remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in cold water and lemon juice. Chill until partially set. Fold in oranges and celery. Pour into a 6-cup mold or an 8-in. square dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Chill until set. Unmold onto lettuce leaves or cut into squares. If desired, garnish with fruit and serve with sour cream sprinkled with nutmeg. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Rosy Rhubarb Mold in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p25
Reviews for Best Rosy Rhubarb Mold
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review