Best Rosemary Chicken
This is a terrific recipe for anyone who cooks for one or two people. Plus, it can easily be doubled to feed more. It is perfect for fast-paced weekdays and makes a complete meal when served with buttered beans and rolls.
-Luke Armstead, Oregon City, Oregon
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a nonstick skillet, cook
- chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or
- until no longer pink. Sprinkle with lemon juice, rosemary, oregano
- and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 172 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.