Best Rocky Road Brownies
“Years ago, my girlfriend and I combined our favorite brownie recipes. With the addition of miniature marshmallows and chocolate chips, we created a chocoholic’s dream recipe—and it’s so easy to double for company." —Donna Sawatzky, Piedmont, Oklahoma
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate; stir until
- smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar. Stir in the egg,
- vanilla and salt until well blended. Stir in flour just until
- blended. Fold in the marshmallows, chips and pecans.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 293 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.