“Years ago, my girlfriend and I combined our favorite brownie recipes. With the addition of miniature marshmallows and chocolate chips, we created a chocoholic’s dream recipe—and it’s so easy to double for company." —Donna Sawatzky, Piedmont, Oklahoma
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar. Stir in the egg, vanilla and salt until well blended. Stir in flour just until blended. Fold in the marshmallows, chips and pecans.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rocky Road Brownies in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p31
Reviews for Best Rocky Road Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review