Best Rhubarb Pudding Cake Recipe
I received this recipe years ago from a co-worker. Today, my family and I really enjoy this dessert. It's nice for any occasion.
- 3 to 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place rhubarb in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar, milk, butter, baking powder, salt and vanilla (mixture will be stiff). Spread over rhubarb. For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch. Sprinkle over dough. Pour water over all; do not stir. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until pudding tests done. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Best Rhubarb Pudding Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC