Best Rhubarb Pudding Cake
I received this recipe years ago from a co-worker. Today, my family and I really enjoy this dessert. It's nice for any occasion.
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 3 to 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place rhubarb in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. In a small bowl,
- mix flour, sugar, milk, butter, baking powder, salt and vanilla
- (mixture will be stiff). Spread over rhubarb. For topping, combine
- sugar and cornstarch. Sprinkle over dough. Pour water over all; do
- not stir. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Bake at 350° for 55-65
- minutes or until pudding tests done. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.