- pan juices, reserving 2 cups. Discard vegetables and bay leaves.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; stir in flour
- until smooth. Gradually stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in lemon juice and
- hot pepper sauce. Serve with roast. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Editor’s Note: Ask your butcher to tie two 3-pound chuck roasts together to form a rolled chuck roast.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 344 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.