- In the same skillet, saute onions and red pepper until tender. Add
- garlic and cayenne; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomato puree and
- wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- Transfer to a stock pot. Stir in the water, rice, broth, salt, thyme,
- saffron, bay leaf, turkey and chorizo. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add shrimp; cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove
- from the heat; discard bay leaf. Stir in olives and parsley. Yield:
- 24 servings (1 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 536 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 1,430 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.