Best Morning Glory Muffins Recipe
"These moist muffins are chock-full of goodies like coconut, apple, pineapple, carrots and nuts," relates Evelyn Winchester of Hilton, New York. "They're delicious for breakfast or lunch. I get many requests for the recipe."
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and grated
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir in carrots, apple, pineapple, coconut, raisins and nuts.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC