- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and grated
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir in carrots, apple, pineapple, coconut, raisins and nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Best Morning Glory Muffins
Sort By :
"Awesome muffins! Decreased some of the oil, so did not drain the pineapple to compensate. Used fresh ground whole wheat flour. Very delicious!"
"Great recipe and Very easy to make! Did not add grated apples anymore since it has applesauce already and also used 20 oz crushed pineapples instead of 8oz and still came out perfect!"
"This is a great recipe, i have been making these muffins for a year now every two weeks as my husband takes these to work everyday. I use whole wheat flour instead of white flour and I add a 1/2 cup of ground flaxseed, I also add a 20oz can of pineapple instead of the 8 oz"
"My family likes anything with carrots, but it has apple sauce already so I substitutued crushed pineapple for the chopped apple. Turned out great!Ruth W. San Antonio, Texas"
"These are so good you can't stop at just one. But you can't eat too many either, because they are so filling. We love them. I used whole wheat flour, didn't peel apple and reduced the oil a little to make it healthier. I am going to try using gluten free baking mix in place of the wheat flour now that I have a gluten sensitivity. My friend begs me to make these for her!"