- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture; mix well. Combine the milk, eggs and Worcestershire
- sauce; mix into the beef mixture. Add crumbs.
- Grease a large sheet of foil. Place bacon on foil. Mold meat mixture
- into a loaf and place over bacon. Seal foil tightly around loaf.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Place wrapped loaf on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Open foil; drain juices. Combine sauce ingredients and spoon over
- loaf. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until no pink remains
- and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 394 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 1,094 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now