It's just not Thanksgiving without mashed potatoes! In this version, our home economists stir in half-and-half, sour cream and chives.
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cream, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper; beat until light and fluffy. Sprinkle with chives if desired. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Originally published as Traditional Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p114
Reviews for Best Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review