Best Maple-Cranberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups maple syrup
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon; press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- Meanwhile, place maple syrup in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until syrup is reduced to about 1 cup. Cool to room temperature; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour, vanilla, salt and cooled syrup. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, syrup and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 10 minutes. Serve warm with cheesecake. Yield: 16 servings (2 cups compote).
Reviews for Best Maple-Cranberry Cheesecake(8)
Sort By :
Simple, Easy to put together, and will make again! :)
my mother made this last year for the holiday and it was the best dang cheesecake ever. sweet and delicious. the cranberry topping makes it! i believe this will be my signature dessert for all the holidays to come!!!!!
I made this cheesecake last Christmas. It was my first ever attempt to make a cheesecake and I am so proud to say it came out just as pictured. WOW! Delicious doesn't even come close to description. ALSO, I removed some of the fat and calories by using Stevia sugar; Greek yogurt for my sour cream; whole wheat flour; reduced fat margerine for the butter. Tasted fabulous.
Made this for a church women's dessert night. Everyone raved about it. Instead of the cranberries, I put 2 jars of wet walnuts on top! MMMMmmm!!
This is the best cheesecake I've ever eaten. I followed the recipe to a T and in my oven it turned out perfect. I think I let the sauce simmer a bit too long but a lesson for next time. DELICIOUS!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecake Toppings >
- Cheesecakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >