Whenever I'm invited to a potluck with family and friends, it's understood these scrumptious bars will come with me. Our grandchildren request them when they visit. Usually, I wait until they arrive, so we can make the treats together.—Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and cracker crumbs. Cut in peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk egg and cream. Add to the crumb mixture just until moistened. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in ice cream topping until smooth. Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips, peanuts and reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Best-Loved Chocolate Bars in Country Woman July/August 2004, p31
Reviews for Best-Loved Chocolate Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review