“This treat is the perfect balance between tart and sweet, and the almonds in the crust are just wonderful. This is one of my husband’s favorite desserts. Enjoy!” —Charis O'Connell, Mohnton, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Fresh raspberries and lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, butter, almonds and sugar. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. tart pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk, lime juice and peel. Pour over crust. Bake 12-14 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in sour cream and grated lime peel. Spread over tart. Garnish with raspberries and lime wedges. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Best Lime Tart in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Best Lime Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review