- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Fresh raspberries and lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, butter, almonds and sugar. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. tart pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk, lime juice and peel. Pour over crust. Bake 12-14 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in sour cream and grated lime peel. Spread over tart. Garnish with raspberries and lime wedges. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Best Lime Tart
"The new family favorite! Toe-curlingly delicious. I can't find my tart pan so I used a spring form pan. Worked fantastic!"
"Nothing short of amazing. Passed the recipe on to a friend who agreed! This one's a keeper!"
"Great flavor...nice balance of sweet to tart."
"This is a fantastic recipe. A little too sweet for my taste, but still a great recipe. I did use a tart pan with removable bottom - well worth the $$ investment! Next time I'll try key limes to give it a more "limey" taste. I also added the grated lime peel to the whipping cream before it was whipped, after whipping to stiff, I added the sour cream and continued to beat. It worked out fine, still held its stiff peaks, and saved a step."
"My tart pan has a removable bottom."
"This was delicious! Thanks for a great recipe. I will make again. If you have any tips on how to remove the tart from the pan - I'd appreciate it."
"HONESTLY FOLKS THIS pie IS OUT OF BOUNDS..... I ADDED A DASH OF CINNIMON TO THE GRAHM CRACKER CRUMBS AND SOME VANILLA BEAN PASTE TO THE THE FILLING AND DEPENDING ON YOUR LIME TARTNESS I GRADUALLY ADDED FRESH LIME JUICE WHICH IS WAY BETTER TO GET THE DESIRED TASTE U LIKE I USED LESS THEN 1/2 A CUP..... THE WHIP CREAM TOPPING I USED A DASH OF VANILLA AS WELL....IF YOU DONT MAKE THIS pie U DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING...AND LOOKING FOWARD TO MAKING IT AGAIN...:)"
"It was wonderful! I didn't have a tart pan so I used a rectangular glass dish and it still turned out fabulous. My dad ate the whole thing within a day!"