Best Leg of Lamb
When Julia Child visited my cousin's winery 20 years ago for a TV segment, she prepared leg of lamb using these ingredients. She didn't give the amounts, but I've come close to recreating the recipe.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 2-1/2 hours + standing
- 1/3 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in leg of lamb (7 to 9 pounds), trimmed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over leg of
- lamb. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place lamb, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- Add broth to pan; cover loosely with foil. Bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours
- longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 246 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,