Best Leg of Lamb Recipe
- 1/3 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in leg of lamb (7 to 9 pounds), trimmed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over leg of lamb. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Place lamb, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Add broth to pan; cover loosely with foil. Bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice equals 246 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.