- water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until
- thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to the pan,
- stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes
- longer. Remove from the heat; gently stir in the vinegar, lemon
- juice, butter and extract. Cool to room temperature without
- stirring. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours or
- overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 334 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.