- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Cut butter into flour until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust; chill.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; gently stir in the vinegar, lemon juice, butter and extract. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Best Layered Lemon Dessert
Sort By :
This was very good. I made it for a gather I was having and for the most part, everyone loved it. I guess I'm my biggest critic, as I could still detect a bit of aftertaste from the apple cider vinegar. Perhaps if I didn't know it was in the recipe, I wouldn't have been able to detect it..other than that, VERY tasty!