- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- Cut butter into flour until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust; chill.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; gently stir in the vinegar, lemon juice, butter and extract. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Best Layered Lemon Dessert
Sort By :
"I recall preparing this recipe quite some time back! This recipe WAS a really good one! I used pecans if walnuts are not available! I also used a full 8-oz. container of whipped topping, thawed and instead of preparing a lemon filling, I used a can of lemon pie filling!I greased and floured my baking pan to allow for easier removal of the lemon dessert! Thank you, Dorothy Pritchett, for sharing your recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein"
"This was very good. I made it for a gather I was having and for the most part, everyone loved it. I guess I'm my biggest critic, as I could still detect a bit of aftertaste from the apple cider vinegar. Perhaps if I didn't know it was in the recipe, I wouldn't have been able to detect it..other than that, VERY tasty!"