- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Best Lasagna Soup
"I just made this soup. I did 1/2 the recipe as there is only me, I have not added the parmesan cheese as of yet but it seems to be lacking something. Would definitely make again."
"I agree with others that I don't know why this is called Lasagna soup. Still, it was hearty and tasty, so I'm glad I tried it and will probably make it again."
"Easy to make, very hearty, good taste. I added more Italian seasoning than called for, plus basil and Mrs. Dash. Like others mentioned, I also used smaller noodles, cooked them separately, and added them at the end. However, unless you're going to eat the soup immediately, the noodles will still plump up too much and absorb a lot of the soup's liquid."
"I thought this was very good and easy to make.I made as written.My family enjoyed it even my health conscience daughter in law.Oh by the way Meinsewa Lasagna is the singular for Lasagne"
"CORN? IN LASAGNA? (which, by the way, is spelled LASAGNE). I'll give this a one star, only because there are no minus stars. And who uses beef broth to make lasgane? To make a lasagne-esque type soup, use a tomato base. This is basically a glorified vegetable soup. Not bad, but certainly not lasagne in any way shape or form. And use another type of pasta, the spirals are just silly. Would be far better with orecchiette pasta. Lasagne is Italian. This recipe is like making a ceasar salad with artichokes instead of romaine. Find a different name, because lasagne it is nothing like taste-wise or ingredient wise."
"THE BEST !!!"
"Perfection! Got rave reviews - will make again!"
"It was okay. Nothing to write home about."
"We did not care for this recipe"