- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Best Lasagna Soup
Sort By :
"I made this recipe with a friend one day for lunch and it was perfect! We both really enjoyed the flavor and that it was so filling."
"Family enjoyed this hearty meal."
"Made this with sausage. Topped it off with Ricotta Salata which is dried ricotta cheese. Delish !!!!"
"We found the "soup" was actually tastier on the second day as a warmed-up leftover. For our tastes, the recipe was a bit bland as written but for someone who might be feeding picky eaters who don't like anything more than a mild taste, this would be a good option. I am sure that it would be more flavorful if I took the time to add spices, etc. , but "as is" I won't make again."
"This was delicious! I don't think I would really call it a 'lasagna soup'. It tasted a little bit more like a chili-style soup with the green pepper and corn. Then again, "What's in a name" our whole family loved it!"