- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Best Lasagna Soup
Sort By :
Good disk. Took out peppers because some family members don't like cooked pepper. Also used Italian style diced tomates since some reviews say that there wasn't much flavor to the soup. That deffinately helped. We also used cheddar cheese instead of parmesan and a can of corn instead of frozen corn. Although I don't think the soup tasted like lasanga it was still good.
loved this! easy recipe!
Such a quick and easy recipe and it tasted great! I added a little more garlic and used oregano, basil, cumin, and smoked paprika since I didn't have the Italian seasoning on hand.
I made this soup for our soup-a-thon for the VFW my husband and I belong and what a hit. It was one of the first soups to go. It was very tasty and hearty soup. I definitely will be making it for the next soup-a-thon.
My family absolutely loved this soup and can't wait for me to make it again. I added 2 sweet Italian sausage links removed from the casing and it added a great flavor.