- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Best Lasagna Soup
Sort By :
"I will definitely make this again. I would give it a 5, but am dialing it down to a 4 bc the pasta absorbed ALL of the broth! Next time I will cook the padta separately and add to nowls when serving."
"I made this tonight and it was delishious. I will definitely add this one to my favorites list of soups."
"This recipe appeared some time ago, so it has been in my regular rotation of soups for awhile. I make it just as written, except eliminated the corn, which I personally do not care for in homemade soup. As an experienced Italian cook that makes most of the traditional dishes; this is warm, flavorful, and delicious!"
"I made this recipe with a friend one day for lunch and it was perfect! We both really enjoyed the flavor and that it was so filling."
"Family enjoyed this hearty meal."