- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Best Lasagna Soup
Sort By :
"This recipe appeared some time ago, so it has been in my regular rotation of soups for awhile. I make it just as written, except eliminated the corn, which I personally do not care for in homemade soup. As an experienced Italian cook that makes most of the traditional dishes; this is warm, flavorful, and delicious!"
"I made this recipe with a friend one day for lunch and it was perfect! We both really enjoyed the flavor and that it was so filling."
"Family enjoyed this hearty meal."
"Made this with sausage. Topped it off with Ricotta Salata which is dried ricotta cheese. Delish !!!!"
"We found the "soup" was actually tastier on the second day as a warmed-up leftover. For our tastes, the recipe was a bit bland as written but for someone who might be feeding picky eaters who don't like anything more than a mild taste, this would be a good option. I am sure that it would be more flavorful if I took the time to add spices, etc. , but "as is" I won't make again."