- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Best Lasagna Soup
Sort By :
"I would say this is very good. I made a couple of tweaks to it. I added red pepper flakes to taste, fresh parsley, and some garlic powder... Very thick so you might want to cook your noodles separate due to the juice coming down while the noodles cook. Used 6 Italian cheese on top to serve and did end up adding some water to it at the end to un-thicken it."
"gross - who puts corn in their lasagna? the only reason this gets 1 star is because it won't let me submit without a rating."
"Delicious! The soup was so thick I cooked the noodles before adding them -- but that's a GOOD thing :) Very satisfying."
"I made this, but did not add the corn as that is not " real italian" in my opinion, but would not mind if the corn was in there. I think that the recipe was just missing the addition of salt, which is up to one's taste, but is helpful to write into the recipe. I always add salt and pepper to taste plus whatever things I feel would be tasty to add."