- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Best Lasagna Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious soup! Tasty, filling and fun. A hit with my whole family."
"This was very good. Left out the corn because someone in the house is not a fan. Next time I'll try to add some italian sausage to give it more of a punch."
"Brought this to work today for a soup luncheon. Everyone LOVED IT! I followed some of the reviewers advice and used 1/2 burger and 1/2 hot Italian sausage. I didn't used the green pepper because I don't like it. I added garlic salt. Next time for a pot luck event I would cook the noodles separate and let people add them when they ate it. Last night when I tasted the soup it was good and soupy. Today it was a little thick I thinned it out and the flavor remained the same. Super easy to make."
"I would say this is very good. I made a couple of tweaks to it. I added red pepper flakes to taste, fresh parsley, and some garlic powder... Very thick so you might want to cook your noodles separate due to the juice coming down while the noodles cook. Used 6 Italian cheese on top to serve and did end up adding some water to it at the end to un-thicken it."
"gross - who puts corn in their lasagna? the only reason this gets 1 star is because it won't let me submit without a rating."