- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Best Lasagna Soup
Sort By :
loved this! easy recipe!
Such a quick and easy recipe and it tasted great! I added a little more garlic and used oregano, basil, cumin, and smoked paprika since I didn't have the Italian seasoning on hand.
I made this soup for our soup-a-thon for the VFW my husband and I belong and what a hit. It was one of the first soups to go. It was very tasty and hearty soup. I definitely will be making it for the next soup-a-thon.
My family absolutely loved this soup and can't wait for me to make it again. I added 2 sweet Italian sausage links removed from the casing and it added a great flavor.
I really enjoyed this hearty, tasty soup on a cold winter's night. Next time I would add some ground sausage (as others have mentioned), but then again, that's how I make my lasagna too! I also really liked how we could add the uncooked pasta...saved me a step. Will be making again for sure.