- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Best Lasagna Soup
Sort By :
"My husband made this for me, and it was delicious! It is very flavorful and hearty. I love it!"
"I would cook the pasta before putting it in the soup. If one puts it in last and cooked there is less chance of mushy pasta. This is why I like egg noodles they are less likely to become a mushy mess.Hubby does not like chopped tomatoes in his soup, instead of tomato sauce or canned tomatoes, I add low sodium V8. There is a lot of flavor in V8 and he is none the wiser. : )"
"Great! I substituted ground venison for ground beef, because that's what I had on hand. Kids loved it."
"Kids loved this! Didn't add corn (family preference), used only 11/2t seasoning, and slow simmered 30 minutes. Served pasta on the side and topped with shredded mozzarella! Yum! Thanks for sharing!"
"Easy to make and makes a lot."