- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Best Lasagna Soup
"THE BEST !!!"
"Perfection! Got rave reviews - will make again!"
"It was okay. Nothing to write home about."
"We did not care for this recipe"
"Made this soup last night, exactly as written. Definitely easy and a good starter soup. Would definitely cook noodles separate. As they did get extremely mushy and absorbed the broth as many others shared as well. Has many possibilities, family liked it, especially after shoveling snow. But I will definitely tweak and add some more spices, maybe fennel and oregano. Also next time will try with sausage or a 50 50 blend of sausage and hamburger. Thank you for a busy woman's dream recipe, easy, quick, filling and everything in the cupboard!"