Best Italian Sausage Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) pasta sauce
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) Italian turkey sausage links
- 10 hoagie buns, split
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Grill sausages according to package directions. Serve on buns with sauce.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 10 servings.
1 sandwich: 454 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 1716mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Best Italian Sausage Sandwiches
"Although these look delish in photo,total carbs seem too much. Sodium count waayyy too high."