- 2 jars (24 ounces each) pasta sauce
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) Italian turkey sausage links
- 10 hoagie buns, split
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Grill sausages according to package directions. Serve on buns with sauce.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Best Italian Sausage Sandwiches
"Amazing!!! I substituted the turkey sausage for pork Italian sausage and the family was very happy."
"Although these look delish in photo,total carbs seem too much. Sodium count waayyy too high."
"Neither my husband and I cared for the turkey sausage links; they just didn't have the right texture or flavor as pork sausage, so made again with sausage we liked. Was a great dish to come home to."