- 2 jars (24 ounces each) pasta sauce
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) Italian turkey sausage links
- 10 hoagie buns, split
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Grill sausages according to package directions. Serve on buns with sauce.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Best Italian Sausage Sandwiches
Sort By :
"Although these look delish in photo,total carbs seem too much. Sodium count waayyy too high."
"Neither my husband and I cared for the turkey sausage links; they just didn't have the right texture or flavor as pork sausage, so made again with sausage we liked. Was a great dish to come home to."