Best Italian Sausage Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) Italian turkey sausage links
- 10 hoagie buns, split
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Grill sausages according to package directions. Serve on buns with sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Best Italian Sausage Sandwiches(1)
Sort By :
Neither my husband and I cared for the turkey sausage links; they just didn't have the right texture or flavor as pork sausage, so made again with sausage we liked. Was a great dish to come home to.
More Recipe Collections
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Turkey >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >