- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, 3/4 cup water, onion, bouillon and seasonings; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Best Italian Chicken
"Delicious recipe! I made this super tender chicken over white rice for our Mother's Day dinner."
"Made as directed and found it delicious with a nice little spice to it. Very easy to make, too."
"So delicious! I made this using garlic and onion instead of the powder types and served on rice pilaf and my family really enjoyed it- will be making again."