- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, 3/4 cup water, onion, bouillon and seasonings; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Best Italian Chicken
Sort By :
So delicious! I made this using garlic and onion instead of the powder types and served on rice pilaf and my family really enjoyed it- will be making again.
I made this recipe last night. The only difference was I used thighs instead of breasts. We think they have more flavor and are moister. I braised the chicken in olive oil until almost done. I did not use chili powder nor terrigon. I would never have thought of such a thing, definitely not Italian. I used a whole chopped small onion, 8 ounces of sliced muhrooms and two cans of Italian tomatoes. I poured all ingredients over chicken, covered and simmered for about thirty minutes. No corn starch, just let it cook until liquid is reduced. I adjusted the seasonings and then I baked it in the oven for about thirty minutes and sprinkled Mozarella (sp) cheese on top and baked it a few minutes longer to melt and brown the cheese. I served it over angel hair spaghetti with Caesar salad and sweet Italian bread. I definitely will do this again. My husband loved it and so did I.
Hubby and I really liked all of the flavors together. Delicous as is!!!!
tarragon+ chili - ITALIAN ????
not enough garlic !!!
a lot of water to add in slow cooker recipe / the cooker ** makes ** water
bouillion / yuk !!! - use a good stock instead - ( make your own / freeze in cup size bags ) -
Which reminds me .... sheesh. Old Ruciptie but very good. Up the Italinan seemesize me, or a cup out of a bottle.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >