Best Italian Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, 3/4 cup water, onion, bouillon and seasonings; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with about 1/2 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 285 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 627 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.