These chilly treats are perfect for hot, sunny days. The gluten-free chocolate cookie is so tasty you could eat it plain…but you won't want to miss out on the ice cream! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the rice flour, starch, cocoa, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, forming 12 cookies; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread 1/4 cup ice cream on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Freeze for 3 hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ice Cream Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p35
Reviews for Best Ice Cream Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review