- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the top is dry and the center is set. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Best Fudgy Brownies
Sort By :
"I've made these several times and they were perfect each time! I added semi sweet chocolate chips to the batter. Delicious!!!"
"These brownies were so thick and dry...barely edible!"
"I made them for my family and then eat then all!!!They are still asking for me to make them!!!"
"I love this recipe! I did add in a little bit more sugar as well as vanilla, but other than that absolutely delicious!"
"I recall preparing these brownies when they were featured in Taste of Home! I'd greased and floured my pan! I use 1 tsp. salt when using 2 cups flour! These brownies were delicious! I baked brownies for the prescribed time-25 to 30 minutes, using a cake tester todetermine the doneness! delowenstein"