The combination of juices in the dressing brings out the fabulous flavors of all the fruits featured in this salad.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 cups diced red apples
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 3 ripe kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. Combine all fruit in a large bowl; cover and chill.
- In a small bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice and dressing ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill. Spoon dressing over fruit or toss just before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Special Fruit Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p69
Reviews for Best Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2013
"A great hit at our July 4th get together.Easy to make and delicious!"