Best-Ever Sweet Potato Pie
My grandmother handed down this recipe and it’s amazing! The flavor, with a hint of maple and great spices, totally lives up to its name. —Erin Gibbons, Downingtown, Pennsylvania
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour 15 min.
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- Brush crust with egg white. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes. Cool on
- a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour
- into crust. Bake for 70-80 minutes or until a knife inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 292 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.